Executive Assistant and Data Manager
Strategic Job Description:
Every employee at the Louisiana Children’s Museum has the same Strategic Job Description. It includes three elements, listed in order of priority.
- Your first priority – Is to achieve the organization’s purpose. In other words, you in particular are responsible for everything.
- Your second priority – Is to help others achieve the organization’s purpose.
- Your third priority – Is to carry out your job function.
The Data Manager and Executive Assistant (DMEA) is responsible for organizing and maintaining Museum constituents. The DMEA manages and maintains the Museum’s Raisers Edge database and acts as the point of contact for all data-related staff needs, including that of how Raisers Edge interfaces with TAM (point of sale system.) In particular, he or she provides critical support to the Development Department by processing all gifts to the Museum, as well as generating all gift acknowledgments, pledge reminders, and mailing lists.
This position also acts as an assistant to the CEO as needed, managing board relations and preparing materials for presentations and meetings. He or she prepares for all board meetings, key stakeholder and major donor meetings and presentations.
Reports to: Chief Advancement Officer and Chief Executive Officer
Coordinates with: CEO, CAO, COO, Director of Marketing, Director of Corporate Giving, Fundraising Events Manager, Development Manager
Interacts with: Staff, Board of Directors, Donors
- 3 years of experience with Raisers Edge data management software and/or POS systems
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite, Google Applications and Google Drive.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- General computer and technology literacy
- Ability to handle with efficiency and diplomacy both internal (key staff leaders) and external (board members and major donors) relationships
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Process and detail oriented
- Creative problem solver, strategic, analytical thinker
Key Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Serve as primary staff for data entry and ongoing maintenance of Raisers Edge database for LCM.
- Qualifications include experience with tight controls on procedures of data entry into Raisers Edge (or other comparable database) for a non-profit institution. Appreciation of the highly confidential nature of all content entered, including sensitivity about which staff members have access to what information. Familiarity with following written procedures.
- Support Development Department steps with prospects and donors
- Generate Raisers Edge reports and maintain (file) key documents
- Process all charitable gifts according to LCM procedures
- Generate acknowledgements for all gifts to the Museum, personalized as needed
- Generate reminders for pledge payments
- Qualifications include familiarity with professional and sequential steps of donor management (with interior tracking)
- Support the Museum as it pertains to TAM Retail Software (POS system.)
- Proficient in the reporting side of TAM Retail Software or another Point of Sale system as it relates to Raiser’s Edge.
- Import and export data between Raiser’s Edge and TAM
- Provide ongoing maintenance of Raiser’s Edge Donor Data within TAM software, specifically, as it relates to creating alerts in TAM around Donor elements captured in Raiser’s Edge.
- Organize data for various uses for executive and development staff
- Generate mailing lists for donor contact, special events, appeals, etc.
- Act as point of contact for data-related staff needs
- Create and manage online giving and event registration pages
- Develop, and update organization-wide data management procedures as requested
- Qualifications include experience managing various responsibilities with deadline driven deliveries and detailed data base
- Assist and prepare materials for CEO, supporting needs for a variety of outward-facing meetings
- Qualifications include excellent communication skills, and experience communicating with key community stakeholders, high level leaders or donors, diplomacy in handling pressing needs
- Manage board relations, contacts, meeting logistics and scheduling
- Qualifications include structured time management for communications, problem solving skills working with very busy volunteers to communicate institutional needs and schedules
- Other duties as requested as they pertain to data.
- Raisers Edge
- TAM Retail Software (POS)
- Board contact list
- LCM gift acceptance and processing procedures
- LCM data management procedures (for Raisers Edge)
- Donor and Prospect files, physical and digital
- Online portals for giving reports from United Way, Employee Giving – among others
- Proposal tools
- Historic gift acknowledgements, pledge reminders, and other key communications
- Outlook calendar
Time Allocation (Current)
- Data Management 75%
- Data Procedural Maintenance 10%
- Executive Assistant 5%
- Board Liaison 5%
- Other 5%
To apply, please provide a resume and cover letter to Julia Bland at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please address the “Requirements and Qualifications” section of the job description and outline how your skill set aligns with our requirements. If a cover letter is not submitted with your resume, your application will not be considered. Thank you for your interest in the Louisiana Children’s Museum.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The Louisiana Children’s Museum is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees in hiring and all other aspects of employment, without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, the Louisiana Children’s Museum provides reasonable accommodations to qualified disabled individuals in all aspects of employment, including the application process.