Fundraising Events Manager
STRATEGIC JOB DESCRIPTION
Every employee at the Louisiana Children’s Museum has the same Strategic Job Description. It includes three elements, listed in order of priority.
- Your first priority – Is to achieve the organization’s purpose. In other words, you in particular are responsible for everything.
- Your second priority – Is to help others achieve the organization’s purpose.
- Your third priority – Is to carry out your job function.
The Fundraising Events Manager (FEM) for the Louisiana Children’s Museum manages the planning, organization, and execution of the Museum’s annual fundraising events. The FEM is responsible for achieving event fundraising goals in collaboration with development and marketing team members. Primary fundraising events include Children’s World’s Fair, CHAIRish the Children, and The Grand Event.
- College degree required
- Experience managing and collaborating with key constituents (volunteers, donors, vendors, performers, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- Multi-tasker who can easily change direction as needed
- Creative, strategic, resourceful thinker
- Detail oriented
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work when events are held
- Reaching Fundraising Goals
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards relationships with committee members, donors, staff and board members, vendors, etc., in coordination with other development team members, to reach or exceed fundraising goals
- Ensuring that targeted audiences have been identified (updated annually) and reached for successful ticket sales, patron sales, sponsorship sales – well before event date
- Collaborates with marketing team on creation of communication plan which includes
- Promotional activity (including advertising, press releases and public relations)
- Print materials (including letter mailings, invitations, programs, newsletters – meeting all deadlines)
- Electronic / social media activity (website, FaceBook, e-blasts, , etc.
- Sets up event ticketing/auction website platforms and processing systems
Qualifications include delivery of fundraising events, with successful planning, coordination, delivery – and reaching financial goals
- Managing Volunteers
- Communicates written roles and responsibilities
- Help identify, recruit, organize and manage volunteer committees for each of the fundraising events annually, understanding skills needed for each position to be filled
- Serves as primary point of contact from the museum
- Outlines detailed timeline, position descriptions, procedures and goals for volunteer committees on events
- Facilitates organized, efficient committee meetings
- Trains volunteers on their assigned roles and responsibilities
- Tracks progress of committee leaders and members and communicates regularly to ensure goals are reached and timelines are honored
- Acknowledges volunteers’ post-event through thank you efforts
- Manages Event Interns
Qualifications include experience managing teams of volunteers through a project, process or event
- Organizing and Executing Event Logistics
- Coordinates and executes all event sales and logistics on time and within budget, beginning one year in advance
- Fosters relationships with local vendors to secure in-kind donations and discounts
- Secures food and beverage, decorations, entertainment, rentals, permits, etc.
- Plans event layout for smooth event experience
- Trains staff on their roles for the event set-up and delivery, on event software, etc.
- Organizes supplies in event storage spaces
- General administrative duties
Qualifications include experience with detailed logistics of overlapping schedules for events or programs
- Managing, Tracking, and Reporting on Event Budget and Metrics
- Manages event expense budget
- Tracks, reports, and analyzes event data/metrics to evaluate goals on regular basis – with both the specific event and trends of the LCM event over time – or compared to other field-specific or local events
Qualifications include data analysis skills and experience
Reports to: Chief Advancement Officer
Supervises: Event Volunteers, Event/Development Interns
Coordinates with: Director of Corporate Giving, Data Manager, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Marketing Director, Communications Director, Volunteer Manager, Visitor Services Manager, Museum Experience Manager, Chief Engineer
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to Lauren Clay at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also submit a separate document addressing how your experience aligns with the responsibilities and qualifications listed in the position.