Museum Experience Manager
STRATEGIC JOB DESCRIPTION
Every employee at the Louisiana Children’s Museum has the same Strategic Job Description. It includes three elements, listed in order of priority.
- Your first priority – Is to achieve the organization’s purpose. In other words, you in particular are responsible for everything.
- Your second priority – Is to help others achieve the organization’s purpose.
- Your third priority – Is to carry out your job function.
The Museum Experience Manager of the Louisiana Children’s Museum works with the Assistant Museum Experience Manager to ensure all operational experiences advance smoothly and manages part-time Gallery Assistants and volunteers in addition to overseeing the quality of the museum visitor experience at our new location in City Park. This is a full-time position working Tuesday to Saturday.
Reports to: Chief Learning Officer
Coordinates with: Education staff, Visitor Services Manager and Associates, Marketing & Sales Associate, Birthday Party Staff, Event Rental Staff
Interacts with: Chief Operating Officer, Chief Engineer, Maintenance Manager, Director of Marketing & Sales, Marketing & Sales Associate, Events and Sales Manager, Volunteer Manager, janitorial staff, community partners
- Two years of supervisory experience
- College degree
- Record of diplomacy and inclusivity
- Hands on experience working with children birth to eight years of age
- Excellent customer service and diplomacy skills
- Ability to work with a variety of people and personalities
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to learn and operate Razor’s Edge database and TAM POS system
- Ability to make the ordinary extraordinary!
- Creative, resourceful thinker
- Team player – willing to lend a hand
- Engaging and motivational leader
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong time management
- Sense of humor!
- Problem solver
- Guarantee highest quality experience for all visitors by assisting museum educators in providing an educationally rich, inquiry based, playful approach to exhibits, outdoor experiences and all interactive programming.
- Oversee and maintain cleanliness, safety, and operations of exhibits, ensuring proper functionality on a regular basis, monitoring safety concerns with AMEM, part-time Gallery Assistants, and maintenance staff.
- Manage part-time Gallery Assistant staff, including but not limited to: scheduling, training, and disciplinary action as necessary.
- Supports Birthday Party Manager with any customer service instances related to birthday parties, field trips/groups and facility rentals, ensuring the highest quality experience.
- Assist AMEM in Museum staffing/implementation, opening & closing the museum, and cleaning procedures.
- Manage and coordinate smooth delivery of group field trips and all programming.
- Manage and oversee any customer service or staffing issues related to birthday parties, field trips/groups and facility rentals, ensuring the highest quality experience.
- Responsible for exhibit and Visitor Services supplies inventory, reporting to the Chief Learning Officer for purchase approval.
- Monitor exhibit maintenance budget; manage all invoices and the accounts payable process for those expenses.
- Serves as Manager-on-Duty when needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Standards of Engagement
- Gallery templates
- Museum Experience manual & procedures
- LCM Birthday Manual
- Educational Program Calendar, Special Events Calendars
Time Allocation (Current)
- Administrative Functions 25%
- Meetings 5%
- Onboarding and Training 20%
- Supervision / Coaching 50%
- Problem Solving / Customer Service 100%
To apply, please provide a resume and cover letter to Lauren Clay at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please address the “Key Responsibilities” section of the job description and outline how your skill set aligns with our requirements. If a cover letter is not submitted with your resume, your application will not be considered. Thank you for your interest in the Louisiana Children’s Museum.