Part Time Accounting Clerk
Strategic Job Description:
Every employee at the Louisiana Children’s Museum has the same Strategic Job Description. It includes three elements, listed in order of priority.
- Your first priority – Is to achieve the organization’s purpose. In other words, you in particular are responsible for everything.
- Your second priority – Is to help others achieve the organization’s purpose.
- Your third priority – Is to carry out your job function.
The Louisiana Children’s Museum is looking for a part-time Accounting Clerk. The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, processing and reconciling accounts payable, recording information in accounting software and analyzing it. Support Chief Financial Officer.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Interacts with: Chief Operating Officer, Director of Marketing & Sales, Marketing & Sales Coordinator, Communications and Social Media Manager, Events and Sales Manager, Museum Experience Manager
- 1 – 2 years bookkeeping experience
- High School degree or equivalent
- QuickBooks experience preferred.
- Strong attention to details
- Ethical conduct/discretion
- Ability to work with a variety of people and personalities
- Time management, ability to prioritize
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
Responsibilities and Duties
- Distribute invoices for approval
- Reconcile and process accounts payable
- Data entry
- Research credit card charge backs
- Preparing bank deposits
- Special projects as needed
To apply, please provide a resume and cover letter to Amy Germain at email@example.com. In your cover letter, please address the “Requirements and Qualifications” section of the job description and outline how your skill set aligns with our requirements. If a cover letter is not submitted with your resume, your application will not be considered. Thank you for your interest in the Louisiana Children’s Museum.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The Louisiana Children’s Museum is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees in hiring and all other aspects of employment, without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, the Louisiana Children’s Museum provides reasonable accommodations to qualified disabled individuals in all aspects of employment, including the application process.