Health & Safety
How We Stay Clean, Safe & Healthy Together
Louisiana Children’s Museum has meticulously planned and implemented cleaning, social distancing, and safety procedures throughout our museum that protect the health and wellbeing of our guests, volunteers, and staff members. We have consulted infectious disease experts, fellow local attractions, and children’s museums across the country to ensure we are following the highest standards.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What measures is LCM taking to ensure the museum remains a safe place to play?
There is nothing more important than the safety of our visitors, volunteers, and staff. Here are some of the many ways we are working to maintain the highest safety standards for you and your child.
- Timed ticketing is used for all guests, including members.
- Tickets may be purchased/reserved online to honor social distancing guidelines.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy museum for everyone is a responsibility we all share. Before reserving timed tickets, all guests, including members, are required to affirm a symptom-free household. If you or your child(ren) are not well feeling well, please visit when everyone is healthy.
- Masks are required for all guests age 8 and older. Masks are strongly encouraged for children between ages 3 and 7 years old.
- The health of LCM staff and volunteers is monitored daily. Staff members are required to take and record their temperature when reporting to the museum each day, wash hands/use hand sanitizer frequently, and wear a mask to ensure safe interaction with guests and coworkers.
How does LCM ensure social distancing?
Social distancing is a team effort. Parents and caregivers, please help us by keeping the CDC recommended social distance (six feet) while playing with your family within our museum.
How often is the museum cleaned?
Cleaning and sanitation at LCM will happen from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM. Additionally, LCM will be closed for one hour after each play session.
9:30 am - 12:30 pm Timed Play
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm Cleaning
1:30 pm - 4:30 pm Timed Play
How does LCM keep the exhibits and exhibit components clean?
- We clean twice daily, using CDC-approved cleaning materials, during 1-hour breaks between play sessions. We use that time to sanitize high touch areas, including all hard surfaces (i.e., counters, walls, and windows), doors, door handles, stair railings, bathrooms, and countertops.
- Loose toys, such as play food in our Follow That Food Gallery, are rotated out with a fresh, clean batch for each new session of timed play. All toys are sanitized before reopening the next day.
How do I plan my visit to the museum?
All visitors, including members, must reserve tickets online. This precaution regulates our capacity and ensures a quality visit for our guests. Tickets are offered for 3-hour play sessions listed on our website.
I’m a member, do I need advance tickets?
Yes. We require online ticket purchasing for each of our 3-hour timed play sessions. Timed tickets are required for all guests, members included.
What happens when I arrive?
Visitors will be greeted on the covered Welcome Deck where we will scan and process your reservation. All guests will be allowed entry at the beginning of the designated play period. Please have your printed reservation available and ready to help expedite entry.
What hours will the museum be open?
The museum will be open Wednesday through Sunday from 9:30am to 12:30pm and 1:30pm to 4:30pm. The 1-hour window between timed play sessions is used to sanitize and deep clean the exhibits and exhibit components.
How long can we play?
Tickets are sold in 3-hour play sessions. This method of timed ticketing is used for all guests, including members.
Will LCM’s outdoor experiences be open for play?
Families will enjoy expanded outdoor learning and play activities such as bubble play, guided nature walks and exploration, edible garden experiences, and more.
Will field trips/group visits be offered during this time?
We do not anticipate requests for camp or school group visits in the short term but look forward to welcoming group visitors back to the LCM in the future. If you are interested in a field trip/group visit, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I need a mask?
Yes. Masks are required for all guests age 8 and older. Masks are strongly encouraged for children between ages 3 and 7 years old.